The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking the appointment of an exceptional candidate for the position of Clinical Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine.
The main aim of the professorship is to work within the clinical academic base of medicine within the Wellcome Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) and the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT) . To provide leadership in the development and implementation of an innovative research program in the field of cardiology/cardiovascular system in line with the school’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, to contribute to the administrative/outreach activity of the school and to deliver and improve clinical service.
Appointments are ideally made at Professor level, however, where appointment at this level is not possible, appointment at Reader or Senior Lecturer level will be considered. Please state clearly in your application which position you are applying for.
The successful candidate must meet the following educational and qualification criteria, and your application should clearly show that you meet them:
- Primary medical degree
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD or equivalent)
- Full registration with the General Medical Council
- Entry in the respective specialist register or readiness for admission within six months of the appointment
- Post-Registration Qualification (Membership of relevant Royal College or equivalent through examination).
Please note that the list above is not a complete list. Please refer to the respective job description for further essential criteria relating to teaching, science, management/administration and clinical experience.
At Queen’s, our people are at the heart of everything we do. As an employee, you will become part of a vibrant company culture that offers you the opportunity to reach your full potential and improve your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms and conditions
- retirement provision
- Flexible working by allowing you to mix remote and office work into your work week in collaboration with your manager
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career Development Opportunities
- Support for health and mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks per year (consisting of 23 days annual holiday, 10 days off and 9 public holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing employee networks like iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) to help us advance equality.
In addition to Athena Swan, we also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI. For more information on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal inquiries can be directed to Professor Tim Curtis, email: [email protected]
Candidate Information – Clinical Professor
Candidate Information – Clinical Senior Instructor/Reader
Illustrative roster & more information on BHSCT
Attractive bonus package
About the school
About the institute
More information for international applicants