DUBLIN, Sept. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Healthcare Logistics Global Market Report 2022 has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com Offer.
The global healthcare logistics market is expected to grow from US$71.01 billion in 2021 to US$77.39 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.98%. The healthcare logistics market is expected to grow to US$107.89 billion by 2026 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.66%.
North America was the largest region in the healthcare logistics market in 2021 and is projected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. Regions covered in the Healthcare Logistics market report are Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The growing global pharmaceutical sales are expected to drive the growth of the healthcare logistics market. Rising drug sales are expected to boost the demand for logistics, as the pharmaceutical products or medicines need to be stored and transported to pharmacies, drugstores and others, increasing the demand for transportation or healthcare logistics.
The transportation of healthcare products by air, road, and sea requires the development of logistical methods to maintain the integrity of a pharmaceutical shipment. It requires special equipment, storage facilities, harmonized handling procedures and strong collaboration between cold chain partners. According to the annual report released by India’s Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Pharmaceuticals, in July 2021, the trade volume of import and export volume of pharmaceuticals increased by 1.78% from FY19 to FY20.
Furthermore, according to the Pharmaceutical Industry Report published by India Brand Equity Foundation in March 2022, the domestic pharmaceutical industry in India is expected to grow from US$42 billion in 2021 to US$65 billion by 2024 and then by another US$120 billion -dollar will grow. 130 billion by 2030. Therefore, growing global pharmaceutical sales are expected to drive demand for healthcare logistics during the forecast period.
Technological advancement is an important trend that is gaining popularity in the healthcare logistics market. Large companies operating in the healthcare logistics market focus on offering technologically advanced logistics solutions to strengthen their market positions. These companies are implementing next-generation logistics solution technologies into their services, such as automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI and ML), blockchain, transportation management systems, and others to increase supply chain productivity, reduce costs, and eliminate errors.
For example, in April 2021, a France-based CEVA Logistics company launched the FORPATIENTS Healthcare Logistics sub-brand. This new temperature-sensitive solution offers complete logistics solutions for healthcare and pharmaceutical companies in temperature-controlled facilities worldwide. The CEVA will provide visibility and tracking solutions for real-time decisions through embedded location and temperature IoT devices.
In June 2021, AmerisourceBergen, a US-based pharmaceutical wholesaler, acquired Alliance Healthcare Businesses for a transaction amount of $6.275 billion in cash, subject to an adjustment of usual working capital, net debt and 2 million shares of AmerisourceBergen common stock. With this acquisition, AmerisourceBergen expands pharmaceutical distribution reach and solutions and expands global manufacturer services. Alliance Healthcare is a UK-based provider of pharmaceutical wholesale, logistics, clinical trial support and other innovative healthcare services.
1) By service: transportation; storage
2) By Product: Pharmaceutical Products; Medical equipment; Medical Equipment
3) By type: branded drugs; generics
4) By end-user outlook: pharmacies; Health Center; Research and diagnostic laboratories
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of Healthcare Logistics Market
3. Healthcare Logistics Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on healthcare logistics
5. Healthcare Logistics Market Size and Growth
6. Healthcare Logistics Market Segmentation
7. Regional and country analysis of Healthcare Logistics Market
8. Asia Pacific Healthcare Logistics Market
9. China’s healthcare logistics market
10. Indian Healthcare Logistics Market
11. Japan’s healthcare logistics market
12. Australia’s healthcare logistics market
13. Indonesian Healthcare Logistics Market
14. South Korea Healthcare Logistics Market
15. Western European healthcare logistics market
16. UK Healthcare Logistics Market
17. Germany healthcare logistics market
18. France healthcare logistics market
19. Eastern Europe market for healthcare logistics
20. Russia’s healthcare logistics market
21. North America Healthcare Logistics Market
22. US healthcare logistics market
23. South America Healthcare Logistics Market
24. Brazilian healthcare logistics market
25. Middle East Healthcare Logistics Market
26. African Healthcare Logistics Market
27. Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles in the Healthcare Logistics Market
28. Major mergers and acquisitions in the healthcare logistics market
29. Future Outlook and Potential Analysis for Healthcare Logistics Market
- Air Canada
- AmerisourceBergen Corp
- CEVA Logistics AG
- Cold Chain Technologies LLC
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mblo3j